Halloween is just a few days away and there are parties and festivities galore. The frustrating thing about them is to not be able to take part in so many of the goodies people have to offer. This year I tested out some peanut butter and pumpkin spice flavored party mix and its pretty good!
6 cups kettle corn (I used store-brand Nature’s Promise from Giant)
4 cups Cinnamon Chex2 cups gluten free pretzels (I used Synder’s tiny twists)
1 bag of Brach’s Autumn Mix (Not a fan of store brands for Autumn Mix. Note this is made with honey so you may want to eliminate.)
12oz of Reese’s Pieces
1 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Combine popcorn, Cinnamon Chex, pretzels and Autumn Mix in a large bowl. Stir to mix and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat sugar and maple syrup over medium heat until boiling. Stir for two minutes and remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter to sugar sauce until smooth.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin spice to to peanut butter sauce.
- Pour sauce over popcorn-Chex-pretzel-candy corn mix. Stir until coated.
- Allow to cool, then stir in Reese’s Pieces.