When eating on a low FODMAP diet one of the types of restaurants that just seem impossible to navigate are the Italian restaurants. So much gluten, onion and garlic! The flavors are wonderful, but, make me super ill. So I have to make my own, without the gluten, onion and garlic.
So, hence my quinoa Italian chicken. A simple, easy recipe, especially if you have chicken cooked on hand. This makes enough for 2 servings.
- 1 cup low FODMAP chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 8oz cooked chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes – diced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella
- fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil chicken stock.
- Add raw quinoa and garlic-infused olive oil, salt and pepper and stir. Bring back to boiling and then simmer, covered, for 10 minu-
tes. Stir occasionally.
- Dice chicken and tomatoes. Add to simmering quinoa and stir.
- Fold in spinach and oregano to mixture and cover for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop (or tear, I like to tear) mozzarella into small pieces, stir into mixture and serve.